Select is currently seeking Land Development Project Engineers and Project Managers to support a variety of our land development projects. These projects service our residential, commercial, and industrial clients.
Whether it is a new neighbourhood, a new phase, a renewal, or a revitalization, the Select team manages these projects from initial planning to final handover. A Land Development Project Engineer / Project Manager will be exposed to various roles and opportunities within Select with duties that include the following to varying degrees:
- Providing high-level engineering support for Area Structure Plans, Neighbourhood Structure Plans, and subdivision plans;
- Preparation and coordination of technical letters, presentations, memorandums, and reports;
- Preparation and coordination of conceptual, preliminary, and detailed design drawings and figures for projects, including site grading, stormwater, wastewater (sanitary), water network, and hard surface design, using AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Adobe Suite, and / or Bluebeam software;
- Stormwater, sanitary, water network, and earthworks design and as-built computations;
- Technical reviews of engineering documents;
- Preparation of construction cost estimates and tender packages including quantity take-offs and tender specifications;
- Levy analysis and calculations for major stormwater, sanitary, water, and roadway infrastructure;
- Supervise and support construction field operations including drawing and specification implementation, project monitoring, site survey layout, and site inspections;
- Mentoring and supervision of junior staff;
- Coordination and communication with internal project team and sub-consultants;
- Liaison with clients, municipal approving authorities, inspectors, franchise utility personnel, contractors, and various other project stakeholders;
- Lead client, site, and internal meetings, both in-person and virtually;
- Preparation, maintenance, and reporting of project plans, schedules, and budgets;
- Contract administration;
- Business development and preparation of proposals;
- Project execution and delivery in accordance with Select’s standards and industry best practice.
Candidates should highlight their aptitude with the following skills and/or experience:
- Degree / Diploma in Civil Engineering from an accredited university or technical program;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant land development project engineering experience;
- Field experience and good working knowledge of land development design and construction in Alberta;
- Experience in design and preparing engineering drawings;
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced work environment; Must be able to work in a team environment and has a team-first mentality;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including experience writing proposals, technical reports, and general project correspondence;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Highly motivated individual and willing to learn;
- Strong problem-solving skills on dynamic projects.
- Previous experience in a team environment;
- Strong leadership and project management skills;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Adobe, Bluebeam;
- Understanding of water modeling software such as XP-SWMM and WaterCAD;
- Proficiency in contract administration and preparing contract documents;
- A valid driver license.
Trust, expertise, transparency, hard work, partnerships, teamwork, and collaboration forms the foundation for project execution at Select. Success is an initiative we share with our staff and our clients.