Select Engineering Consultants is a multi-disciplinary planning, engineering, and landscape firm looking for the right person to join our planning team as an Urban Planning Technologist.
This position requires an engaged, energetic, detail oriented, and organized person who can work as part of the Select team and with other professionals to deliver high quality work. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of two years of relevant experience in land development planning and should be self-motivated, resourceful, creative, knowledgeable with local Land Use Bylaws and municipal planning regulations, interested in design, and eager to learn. Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of supporting figures, maps, and statistics for Area Structure Plan, zoning, and subdivision applications;
- Assisting with public consultation and notification;
- Subdivision design, lotting and preparation of application materials;
- Design and drafting for other land use planning and urban design projects; and
- Tracking and updating land use statistics.
Candidates should highlight their aptitude with the following skills and/or experience:
- Strong AutoCAD experience;
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and SketchUp is considered an asset;
- Membership with CACPT considered an asset;
- Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Design experience with a strong attention to detail;
- A problem solver who is organized and self-motivated;
- Focus on customer service;
- Able to work independently and within a team environment;
- Good time management skills and rational thinker; and
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
At Select, we are a fun and social group with flexible working arrangements, attractive benefits, and competitive salaries. We work collaboratively with one another, sharing ideas, learning and mentoringmentoring with a common goal of providing the best quality work for our clients. We provide planning services to a substantial amount of private and municipal clients in the greater Edmonton and Northern Alberta regions. Select’s specialty is the planning, design, approval, and construction of residential, commercial, and industrial land development projects. Select has grown to a staff of over 50 people since its inception in 2008 and we highly value our staff and client relationships.