Select was awarded the contract for sport consulting services to establish a new ball diamond facility on the west edge of Devon.
Through an informed public consultation process, Select’s Sports + Recreation team developed a responsive site development plan that addressed the challenges of the site while meeting the needs of the ball organizations within the community. Select provided a full range of consulting services for the project including site assessment, concept development, public consultation, detailed design, tendering and construction management.
The project scope was expanded to include upgrades to access road leading to the park site as well as additional site amenities to support the new facility.
The Devon Ball Diamond Development amenities include:
- A 275’ Quad ball diamond complex with shale infields to support league and tournament play.
- A 350’ Baseball diamond with shale infield with a custom dual home plate configuration to support 2 tiers of play.
- Washroom buildings and playground.
- Tension net batting tunnel with synthetic turf playing surface.
- Dedicated areas for informal camping to support tournaments.
- Gravel parking lot and dry pond for storm water management.
- Trails and site landscaping.